Learn how to master reset the LG V10 using the menu or hardware keys.
Master reset from settings menu
A master reset restores the original factory settings and may delete your personal data on the internal storage, such as downloads, ringtones, images, apps, contacts, and Visual Voicemail. It does not delete data stored on the SIM card or SD card.
- Back up data on the internal memory.
- From any home screen, tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- If using Tab view, tap Menu > List view.
- Under PERSONAL and then tap Backup & reset.
- Select or clear the following checkboxes:
- Back up my data
- Automatic restore
- Tap Backup account and follow the steps to create Google backup account, if necessary.
- Tap Factory data reset.
Note: Alternatively, you may tap Network settings reset to just reset Wi-Fi, mobile data, and Bluetooth settings.
- Review the warning message and select or clear Erase SD card.
- Tap Reset phone > Next.
- Tap Delete all.
- Tap OK.
Master reset with hardware keys
A master reset restores the original factory settings and may delete your personal data on the internal storage, such as downloads, ringtones, images, apps, contacts, and Visual Voicemail. It does not delete data stored on the SIMcard or SD card.
If the device menus are frozen or unresponsive, you can master reset using hardware keys.
- Back up all data on the internal memory.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons on the back of the device.
- When the LG logo appears, quickly release and then re-hold the Power button while continuing to hold the Volume down button.
- When "Factory data reset" appears, use the Volume down button to highlight Yes.
- Press the Power button to confirm.
- When prompted to "Erase all user data and restore default settings," use the Volume down button to highlight Yes.
- Press the Power button to reset the device.
Soft reset with hardware keys
A soft reset is a simulated battery removal. This is used to power a device off when the screen is frozen or unresponsive and the device it has an internal battery that cannot be removed. It does not cause loss of personal data on the device.
From any screen, press and hold the Volume down key and Power button at the same time, for up to 45 seconds until the device resets.