Learn how to use safe mode on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using the hardware keys.
Turn on and use safe mode
Safe mode allows you to turn on the device with third-party apps disabled. Then you can easily uninstall apps that may be causing a conflict or software problem.
- Turn the device off.
- Press and hold the Power and Volume down key.
- Release the Power key when the Samsung logo appears but continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
- Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.
- Uninstall apps that are causing a problem.
Uninstall problem apps
- From any Home screen, tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll to 'APPLICATIONS,' then tap Application manager.
- If necessary, swipe right to the Downloaded screen.
- Tap the application to uninstall.
- Tap Uninstall.
- Tap OK.
Turn off safe mode
- Press and hold the Power key.
- Tap Restart.