Learn how to use the Mobile Device Unlock code of the Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
SIM unlock phone
The Mobile Device Unlock code allows the device to use a SIM card from another wireless carrier. This may be necessary when traveling internationally.
Important: Stop if you receive an error message. The device may lock permanently if you enter the incorrect code multiple times.
- Determine if devices are eligible to be unlocked: Mobile Wireless Device Unlocking.
- Contact Customer Care to request the Mobile Device Unlock code for your phone.
- Insert a Non-T-Mobile SIM and turn the phone on.
- Check the IMEI to make sure that it matches what was provided with the SIM unlock code.
- The phone will automatically prompt you to enter the code into an empty field.
- Tap in the empty field above Unlock & Dismiss.
- Input the unlock code provided by T-Mobile.
- Tap the Back button to remove the keyboard from screen.
- Tap Unlock.
- The phone will display Network Unlock Successful.