Learn how to manage multitasking and switch windows on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
Turn on / off multitasking
- From any Home screen, touch the Status bar and drag it down.
- Tap the More quick settings icon.
- To turn on, tap Multi window. The icon fills with color.
- To turn off, tap Multi window. The icon is removed of color.
- If necessary, turn on Multi window mode.
- From any screen, touch and hold the Back key.
- The Multi window menu pops out from the right side of the screen.
- If necessary, swipe up or down on the Multi window to access the desired application.
- Tap Edit to change your Multi window configuration.
- Tap the desired application to open the application.
- A small Multi window tab will still be visible on the left side of the screen.
- To open the Multi window again, touch the tab and drag your finger right.
- To open the next application, touch and hold the application.
- Drag your finger over to the screen and release your finger.
- Touch and drag the Resize icon to change the window size.
- Tap the Switch app location icon to switch the order of the apps.
- Tap the Close app icon to close the last application you open.
- To hide the Multi window tab, touch and hold the Back key.