After turning on your device the first time, you may see a setup wizard to help you set up the Samsung Galaxy Tab S.
- Make sure the SIM card is inserted.
- If necessary, touch English and swipe up or down to select your desired language.
- If you are visually impaired or hard of hearing, tap Accessibility to adjust the accessibility settings.
- Tap Next.
- Tap Learn more if you want to learn more about Wi-Fi Calling. Otherwise, tap Skip.
- If desired, tap a Wi-Fi network and follow the prompts to connect. If you do not want to connect to a Wi-Fi network, tap Skip.
- Follow these account steps:
- Samsung account
- Tap Create new account to open a new Samsung account. Follow the prompts.
- Tap Sign in to log into your existing Samsung account. Follow the prompts.
- Tap Skip to create or log into a Samsung account later.
- Google account
- Tap Yes to log in to your Google account. Enter your email address and password and tap the Next arrow.
- Tap No if you do not have a Google account. On the following screen, tap Get an account to open a new Google account and then follow the prompts. Otherwise, tap Not now to open a Google account later.
- Samsung account
- Read the 'Google & location' information. If desired, tap the check boxes to clear the check boxes and turn off location reporting for the two settings.
Note: You can change the Location reporting settings at any time after you finish setup.
- Tap the Next arrow.
- If desired, enter your name in the First and Last fields. These will be entered into your contact profile.
- Tap the Next arrow. If you left the First and Last fields blank, tap the Next arrow one more time.
- In the Dropbox screen, do one of the following for a Dropbox account:
- If you have a Dropbox account, tap I already have an account to sign in to your account. Follow the prompts.
- If you want to open a new Dropbox account, tap Create a new Dropbox account and then follow the prompts.
- Tap No thanks to log into or open a Dropbox account later.
- If you want to turn on Easy mode, tap Enable easy mode setup.
Note: At any time after setup, you can adjust the Easy mode setting. From any Home screen, tap the Menu key > Settings > Home screen mode > desired setting.
- Tap Finish.
- If prompted, tap Yes to update your Samsung account, or No for no updates.
- Read the ‘System Manager Application’ information. If desired, tap More info.
- Tap Close.
- Read the tip and tap OK.
Setup is complete when your device displays the main Home screen (Home screen 3).