Learn how to view free space and free up storage on the Samsung Galaxy Tab S.
Adjust storage settings
- Set text and multimedia message limits to delete messages automatically
Note: The default is 200 text and 20 picture messages. You may use this setting to start with, and decrease it if you continue to have problems.
- From any Home screen, tap Apps.
- Tap Messaging.
- Tap the Menu key
- Tap Settings > the General tab > General settings.
- Tap Delete old messages.
- Tap Text Message limit to set a smaller limit.
- Tap Multimedia message limit to set a smaller limit.
- Change Gmail synchronization setting to every three days
- From any Home screen, tap the Apps icon.
- Tap Gmail.
- Tap the Menu key and then tap Settings.
- Tap your email address.
- Tap Days of mail to sync.
- Swipe down until 3 is selected.
- Tap OK.
Clear storage regularly
Note: Clear storage at least once per week.
Check the available internal device storage. It must be over 150 MB for your device. The Android system cannot work properly if the internal device storage is below 150 MB. If under 150 MB, use the following tips to clear more storage:
- Delete unnecessary text messages (SMS) and picture messages (MMS).
- Transfer pictures and media to a computer to remove them from the phone memory.
- Clear the browser cache, cookies, or history.
- Clear Facebook app cache.
- Manage applications.
- Delete the call logs.
Monitor new applications that you install. If your device starts having problems after installing an application or is using a large amount of ROM, consider uninstalling the application:
- From any Home screen, tap the Menu key.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap the More tab.
- Tap Application manager.
- If necessary, swipe left or right to the All screen or the Downloaded screen.
- To sort apps from largest users of ROM to lowest, tap the Menu key and then tap Sort by size. The apps using the most ROM are now listed at the top of the list.
- Tap the desired application to be uninstalled.
Note: Uninstalling an app will delete the app.
- Tap Uninstall and then tap OK.
View free storage space
- From any home screen, tap Apps.
- Tap Settings > the General tab.
- Under 'DEVICE MANAGER,' tap Application manager.
- Swipe left to the RUNNING screen.
- View the used and free values at the bottom left under RAM.