Use this page to identify software versions for the Samsung T199 as well as details on recent software updates.
Identify the device's current software version
Samsung Tizen / Baseband T199UVNBA
- From the Home screen, select Menu.
- Select Settings.
- Select Advanced.
- Select Check for Update
- Read the version on the phone.
- Review the information in the Review software version details section below.
Review software version details
Baseband version T199UVNBA
April 23, 2014
Available April 23, 2014
If customers' devices meet the update requirements below, they can upgrade to the most current software version.
Determine update requirements
Customers' devices must meet the following requirements to update their software to the most current version:
- 50% or higher battery life
- Data connection
Update software versions
Update automatically over the air (OTA)
There is currently no Over-The-Air (OTA) update available.
Update from a computer
Follow the device requirements above, along with the following:
- Use a Samsung USB cable.
- Back up your data prior to completing the update.
During the update, do not:
- Use the device or press any keys.
- Remove the battery, if applicable.
- Turn off the device.
- Disconnect the USB cable until the update is complete.
You will not be able to place a call during the update, not even an emergency call.
- Download and install Samsung Smart Switch that is compatible with your computer from http://www.samsung.com/us/support/smart-switch-support/#!/
- Connect the cable to a compatible USB port on your computer.
- Connect the other end of the cable to your mobile device.
- Allow your computer to install any required drivers for your device. This process may take a few minutes.
- Open Smart Switch on your computer, and allow it to make the connection.
- If a software update is available for your device, Smart Switch will automatically prompt you to update. At any time, you can click Update.
- Click Update to begin downloading the necessary files.
- Click OK to proceed.Your device may turn off and on a few times during the update process. Once complete the device will return to the Home screen.