Learn how to use the task manager, view free space, and free up memory and storage on the Samsung Galaxy S 5 and SD card.
See SD card & device file transfer to transfer files between a device, SD card or computer.
Format SD card
- From any Home screen, tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll to 'SYSTEM,' then tap Storage.
- Under 'SD CARD,' tap Format SD card.
- Tap Format SD card again to confirm.
- Tap Delete all.
Insert / remove SD card
- Turn your phone off and then locate the back cover notch.
- Remove the back cover by prying up on the notch.
- Insert the SIM card first. The SD card slot is on top of the SIM card slot.
- Insert the SD card with gold contacts facing down.
- Gently push the SD card into the compartment until it clicks into place.
- Replace the back cover.