Learn how to insert and remove the battery on the Samsung Galaxy S 5.
- Turn your phone off and then locate the back cover notch.
- Remove the back cover by prying up on the notch.
- Insert or remove the battery.
- Replace the back cover.
A soft reset is a simulated battery removal. This is used to power a device off when the screen is frozen or unresponsive. It does not cause loss of personal data on the device.
- Press and hold the Power and Volume down key for up to 45 seconds.
- Wait as the device restarts.