Learn how to save battery life on the Samsung Galaxy S 5.
Battery saving mode
- From any Home screen, tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll to 'SYSTEM,' then tap Power saving.
- Tap Power saving mode.
- Move the Power saving mode switch right to the ON position.
- Set these Power saving mode options as desired:
- Block background data (on/off)
- Restrict performance (on/off)
- CPU performance (on/off)
- Screen output (on/off)
- Turn off touch key kit (on/off)
- Turn off GPS (on/off)
- Grayscale mode (on/off)
Tips to save battery life
- Change application sync settings
- Lower screen brightness and timeout duration
- Toggle from 4G to 2G
- Turn off background data
- Turn off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS and Smartphone Mobile Hotspot
- Uninstall unused apps
- Update to the latest software
Set device to sleep when unused
Press and then quickly release the Power key to set the screen to sleep mode.