View images of the Samsung Galaxy S 5 and learn about device buttons and icons.
- Indicator light illuminates with a series of distinct colors and flashing patterns to indicate different notifications and statuses. Events include Charging, Low battery, and Missed event:
- Powering on - blueblinks/animates
- Battery Charging - red remains on
- Battery Fully Charged - greenremains on.
- Low Battery or Charging Error-redblinks/animates
- Missed Notification (Call or Messaging) - red blinks/animates
- Application icons are shortcuts to your favorite applications on the Home screen.
- Primary Shortcuts allow quick access to important features such as Phone, Contacts, Messages, Internet, and Apps.
- Recent keydisplays a list of recently opened apps. Press and hold to access the Home screen options menu.
- Home key/finger print reader displays the Home screen when pressed. Press and hold to launch Google search. Activate the Fingerprint security feature to use as a fingerprint reader.
- Microphones are used during phone calls and allow other callers to hear you clearly when you are speaking to them. There are two microphones on the device:
- Bottom microphone: used during handset mode.
- Top microphone: used while an active call is in the speakerphone mode and assists in noise cancellation (2 microphone solution).
- USB Power/Accessory connector allows you to connect a power cable or optional accessories such as a USB/data cable.
- Back keyredisplays the previous screen or clears entries.
- Home screen indicator shows which Home screen is presently displayed.
- Google Quick Search bar provides a shortcut to Google Search that allows you to search for items on the internet.
- Widgets are self-contained on-screen applications (not shortcuts). These can be placed onto any of the available screens (Home or extended).
- Indicator icons shows the information needed to operate your phone, such as the received signal strength, battery level, time, unread Emails, missed calls, etc.
- Front Facing Cameraallows you to take pictures while facing the screen and allows you to video conference.
- Sensors lets you use the ambient light level to adjust the screen brightness/contrast. The Light Sensor decreases screen brightness in dim light.
- In a bright light condition (outdoors), the sensors cause the device to increase the brightness and contrast for better viewing.
- In dim light conditions, the device decreases the screen brightness to compensate.
- The Proximity Sensor detects how close an object is to the surface of the screen. This is typically used to detect when your face is pressed up against the screen, such as during a phone call.
- While talking on the phone, the sensor detects talk activity and locks the keypad to prevent accidental key presses.
- Receiver allows you to hear the other caller.
- Camera lens is used to take photos.
- Flash is used to take photos in low-light conditions.
- Heart Rate Sensor, when using the S Health 3.0 application, this sensor measures your heart rate via your a fingertip.
- External speaker allows you to hear ringers, music, and other sounds offered by your phone.
- micro SIM Card Slot (internal) Installation location for SIM card.
- microSD Card Slot (internal) allows you use a microSD card to expand the memory of your device.
- IR Transmitter used to emit infrared signals used for controlling external devices.
- Headset jack allows you to connect a hands-free headset so you can listen to music.
- Volume key
- Power/End key
- App tray
- Settings menu
- Play store app
- Messages app
- Gallery app
- Chrome app
- Calendar app
- Phone app