Learn how to wipe the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 using the hardware keys. If the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 is not working correctly, you may need to master reset it and also clear the cache partition. These two resets clear different parts of the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 storage. Unlike a master reset, wiping the cache partition does not delete your personal data.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 logo screen displays, release all three keys, then press and quickly release the Power key
- 'Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds, then a 'No command' Android will appear before showing the Android system recovery menu options.
- Press the Volume down key several times key to highlight 'wipe cache partition.'
- Press Power button to select.
- When the wipe is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.