Learn how to wipe the Samsung Galaxy Tab A using the hardware keys. If the Samsung Galaxy Tab A is not working correctly, you may need to master reset it and also clear the cache partition. These two resets clear different parts of the Samsung Galaxy Tab A storage. Unlike a master reset, wiping the cache partition does not delete your personal data.
Wipe cache partition
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Samsung Galaxy Tab A logo screen displays, release all of the keys, then press and quickly release the Power key
- 'Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds, then a 'No command' Android will appear before showing the Android system recovery menu options.
- Press the Volume down key several times key to highlight 'wipe cache partition.'
- Press Power button to select.
- When the wipe is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.