Learn how to format and insert or remove the SD card on the Sony Xperia Z and SD card.
See SD card & device file transfer to transfer files between a device, SD card or computer.
Format SD card
- From any Home screen, tap the Applications icon.
- Scroll to and tapSettings.
- Scroll to 'DEVICE,' and then tap Storage.
- Under 'SD card,' tapErase SD card.
- TapErase SD card again to confirm. Follow any additional prompts.
Insert / remove SD card
- To remove the memory card slot cover, insert a fingernail into the gap between the bottom edge of the cover and the phone, then pull out the cover.
- Insert the memory card into the memory card slot with the gold-colored contactsfacing down.
- Using a fingernail, push the memory card further into the slot until you hear alocking sound.
- Push the memory card slot cover back into position so that it is fully latched.