Learn how to master reset the Sony Xperia Z using the menu or hardware keys.
Master reset from settings menu
A master reset restores the original factory settings and may delete your personal data on the internal storage, such as downloads, ringtones, images, apps, contacts, and Visual Voicemail. It does not delete data stored on the SIM card or SD card.
- Back up data on the internal memory.
- From any Home screen, tap the Applications icon.
- Scroll to and tap Settings.
- Scroll to 'PERSONAL,' and then tap Back up & reset.
- Clear the Automatic restore check box.
- Under 'PERSONAL DATA,' tap Factory data reset.
- Tap Reset phone.
- If you have screen lock turned on, enter your PIN or password, and then tap Continue.
- Tap Erase everything to confirm.