Learn how to PUK unlock the Sony Xperia Z. If you enter a PIN code incorrectly several times in a row, the device blocks you from attempting again and may also permanently damage your SIM card.
Identifying PUK code error messages
Confirm customers are receiving one of the following or similar error messages on their devices.
- "PIN code blocked. Enter PUK code."
- "Enter PUK code"
- "SIM card locked. Emergency calls only. Please contact Customer Care."
Entering PUK codes
- Contact Customer Care to request your PUK code.
- When the device displays 'SIM card is PUK-Locked. Please contact Customer Care’, tap Emergency Call.
- Enter the following: **05*PUK*NEWPIN*NEWPIN#.
- Tap OK.