Learn how to share your mobile data connection over a USB cable using the HTC Desire 530.
- Your phone can share its mobile data connection with a single computer over a USB cable.
- Tethering works with Windows® 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista®, Mac OS X, and Linux.
- For more information about tethering and operating systems, visit www.android.com/tether.
- For Windows XP, you must have the appropriate driver installed on your computer before you can tether. To learn more, go to www.android.com/tether.
- Connect a USB cord to the phone, then to a computer.
- An icon will appear to indicate that the USB cord is connected.
- Touch the screen and slide the Status bar downward.
- Tap USB network setting.
- Tap USB tethering.
Once the Tethering icon is displayed, your phone is sharing its mobile network data connection with your computer via the USB connection. When finished, disable tethering and then safely disconnect the phone from the computer.