Learn how to wipe the HTC Desire 530 using the hardware keys. If the device is not working correctly, you may need to master reset it and also clear the cache partition. These two resets clear different parts of the device storage. Unlike a master reset, wiping the cache partition does not delete your personal data.
Wipe cache partition
- Press and hold the Power button
- Tap Power off.
- Press and hold the Volume Down key.
- Press and release the Power key to turn the phone on.
- Continue holding the Volume Down key.
- Release the Volume Down key when the black screen with red and blue lines of text appears.
- Press Volume Down until reboot to bootloader is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to select reboot to bootloader.
- When the white bootloader screen appears, press the Volume Down key repeatedly until BOOT TO RECOVERY MODE is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to select BOOT TO RECOVERY MODE.
- The screen will show the HTC logo, then go black.
- Once the screen is black, hold the Power key, press and release the Volume Up key, then release the Powerkey.
- When the Recovery screen with red and blue text appears, press Volume Down repeatedly until wipe cache partition is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to select wipe cache partition.
- Once complete, press the Power key again to select reboot system now.