After turning on your device the first time, you may see a setup wizard to help you set up the Microsoft Lumia 640.
To set up your phone you'll need to sign into your Microsoft account. If you are unsure whether or not you already have
one, or if you have more than one and need to choose between them, go to www.windowsphone.com to learn more.
- Make sure the battery and SIM card are inserted:
- Turn on the phone.
- Choose your language, then tap next.
- Review the Let's start screen, then tap next.
- Tap a network to connect to Wi-Fi or tap skip to set up Wi-Fi later.
- Update Wi-Fi Sense selections as desired, then tap next.
- Tap recommended when the Choose phone settings screen appears.
- Set time and region, then tap next.
- Tap sign in to use an existing Microsoft account.
- Enter your Email address and Password, then tap next.
- When the We've verified your account screen appears, tap next.
- When the Restore phone screen appears, tap Windows Phone to restore data from a previous phone or don't restore to start fresh with this phone.
- Tap sure to set up Cortana or not now, thanks to do this later.
- Tap next to the Almost done... screen.
- (Optional) tap the Join the Nokia Improvement Program box.
- Tap next to complete the setup.