Learn how to use the Mobile Device Unlock code of the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge.
SIM unlock phone
The Mobile Device Unlock code allows the device to use a SIM card from another wireless carrier. This may be necessary when traveling internationally. To enter the Mobile Device Unlock code, follow these steps:
- Confirm unlock eligibility by following Unlock your wireless mobile device.
- From the App tray, tap the T-Mobile folder then tap Device Unlock.
- Tap Continue. The device connects to the server.
- Choose the desired device unlock type:
- Permanent Unlock
- Temporary Unlock (Temporary unlocks must be performed with a mobile data connection. Wi-Fi will not work)
- Once the unlock is complete, restart the device to apply the settings. If you do not restart the device, you will have a persistent alert in the notification tray.
- If you receive any error messages after attempting to permanently or temporarily unlock your device, contact customer care to inform them of the issues you are receiving.