Learn how to use the task manager, view free space, and free up memory and storage on the Microsoft Lumia 640 and SD card.
Format SD card
Formatting the SD card deletes all data on it. You may want o format the SD card if you want to delete the files, if files or apps on the SD card are not working, or if the SD card is not working.
- Swipe left on the home screen.
- Scroll down to and tap Settings.
- Tap storage sense.
- Tap SD card.
- Scroll down to and tap format SD card.
- Tap yes.
Insert / remove SD card
- At the top corner of the phone, put your index finger in the seam between the screen frame and the back cover. Press the middle of the back cover, bend the cover open, and remove it.
Note: Do not use any sharp tools, as they may damage the phone.
- Remove the battery.
- Slide the microSD card into the SD slot.
- Press the bottom edge of the back cover against the bottom edge of your phone, and snap the cover into place.