Learn how to format and insert or remove the SD card on the Sony Xperia Z1s and SD card.
See SD card & device file transfer to transfer files between a device, SD card or computer.
Format SD card
- From any Home screen, tap Apps > Settings > Storage.
- Under SD card, tap Erase SD card > Erase SD card. Follow any additional prompts.
Insert / remove SD card
- To remove the memory card slot cover, insert a fingernail into the gap between the bottom edge of the cover and the phone, then pull out the cover.
- Insert the memory card into the memory card slot with the gold-colored contacts facing as shown.
- Using a fingernail, push the memory card further into the slot until you hear a locking sound.
- Push the memory card slot cover back into position so that it is fully latched.
- Turn off the phone, or unmount the memory card from Settings > Storage > Unmount SD card.
- Remove the cover of the memory card slot, then press against the edge of the memory card and release it.
- Draw the card outward to remove it fully.