Learn how to view free space and free up storage on the Sony Xperia Z1s.
Adjust storage settings
- From any Home screen, tap Apps > Gmail.
- Tap the Menu icon in the lower-right corner, then tap Settings.
- Select your email address.
- Set the Days of mail to sync field to three, then tap OK.
Clear storage regularly
Check the available internal device storage (see 'View free storage space' below). It must be over 150 MB for your device. The Android system cannot work properly if the internal device storage is below 150 MB.
If under 150 MB, use the following tips to clear more storage:
- Delete unnecessary text messages (SMS) and picture messages (MMS)
- Transfer pictures and media to a computer to remove them from the phone memory
- Clear the browser cache, cookies, or history
- Clear the Facebook app cache
- Delete the call logs
- From any Home screen, tap Apps > Settings > Apps.
- If necessary, touch the screen and slide left or right to the All or Downloaded screens.
- To sort apps from largest users of ROM to least, tap the Menu icon and then tap Sort by size. The apps using the most ROM are now at the top of the list.
- Select the application you want to uninstall. Uninstalling an app will delete the app.
- Tap Uninstall > OK.
View free storage space
- From any Home screen, Apps > Settings > Storage.
- Under INTERNAL STORAGE, view the Available value. The available space is also represented by the grey region of the bar graph.