Learn how to wipe the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 using the hardware keys. If the tablet is not working correctly, you may need to master reset it and also clear the cache partition. These two resets clear different parts of the tablet storage. Unlike a master reset, wiping the cache partition does not delete your personal data.
Wipe cache partition
- Power off the device.
- Press and hold the Power key, Home key and Up Volume key at the same time.
- Release all of the keys when the Android image appears.
- Press the Down Volume key to select Wipe cache partition.
- Press the Power key.
- Once Cache wipe complete appears, press the Power key to select Reboot system now.
- The device restarts once the wipe is finished.