Learn how to use the task manager, view free space, and free up memory and storage on the Samsung Galaxy S4 and SD card.
Format SD card
- From any Home screen, tap the Menu key.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap the More tab.
- Tap Storage.
- Under 'SD card,' tap Format SD card.
- Tap Format SD card again to confirm.
Insert / remove SD card
- Turn your phone off and then locate the back cover notch.
- Remove the back cover by prying up on the notch.
- Insert the SD card with gold contacts facing down. Gently push the SD card into the compartment until it clicks into place.
- Replace the back cover.