Learn how to use the task manager, view free space, and free up memory and storage on the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and SD card.
Format SD card
- From any Home screen, tap the Menu key.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap the General tab.
- Tap Storage.
- Under 'SD card,' tap Format SD card.
- Tap Format SD card again to confirm. Follow any additional prompts.
Insert / remove SD card
- Power the phone off.
- Remove the back cover, as shown above, using the notch located on the side of the phone and gently remove.
- Locate the memory card slot on top of the SIM slot.
- Insert the memory card with gold contacts facing down and slide in until it clicks.