Learn how to use safe mode on the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using the hardware keys.
Turn on and use safe mode
Safe mode allows you to turn on the device with third-party apps disabled. Then you can easily uninstall apps that may be causing a conflict or software problem.
- Turn the device off.
- Press and hold the Power key.
- When "GALAXY Note 3" appears on the screen, release the Power key. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
- Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
- "Safe mode" appears in the bottom-left corner of the screen. Release the Volume down key when you see "Safe Mode."
- Uninstall apps that are causing a problem.
Turn off safe mode
Turn the phone off and then back on to turn off Safe mode.