After turning on your device the first time, you may see a setup wizard to help you set up the Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
- Make sure the battery and SIM card are inserted:
- If necessary, touch English and swipe up or down to select your desired language.
- If you are visually impaired or hard of hearing, tap Accessibility to adjust the accessibility settings.
- Tap Next.
- Tap Learn more if you want to learn more about Wi-Fi Calling. Otherwise, tap Skip.
- If desired, tap a Wi-Fi network and follow the prompts to connect. If you do not want to connect to a Wi-Fi network, tap Skip.
- Choose one of the following options:
- Tap Create new account to open a new Samsung account. Follow the prompts.
- Tap Sign in to log into your existing Samsung account. Follow the prompts.
- Tap Skip to create or log into a Samsung account later.
- Google account
- Tap Yes to log in to your Google account. Enter your email address and password and tap the Next arrow.
- Tap No if you do not have a Google account. On the following screen, tap Get an account to open a new Google account and then follow the prompts. Otherwise, tap Not now to open a Google account later.
- Read the "Google & location" information. If desired, tap the check boxes to clear the check boxes and turn off location reporting for the two settings.
Note: You can change the Location reporting settings at any time after you finish the setup wizard.
- Tap the Next arrow.
- If desired, enter your name in the First and Last fields. These will be entered into your contact profile.
- Tap the Next arrow. If you left the First and Last fields blank, tap the Next arrow one more time.
- From the Dropbox screen, choose one of the following options:
- If you have a Dropbox account, tap I already have an account to sign in to your account. Follow the prompts.
- If you want to open a new Dropbox account, tap Create a new Dropbox account and then follow the prompts.
- Tap No thanks to log into or open a Dropbox account later.
- If you want to turn on Easy mode, tap Enable easy mode setup to select the check box.
Note: At any time after the Setup wizard, you can adjust the Easy mode setting. From any Home screen, tap the Menu key, tap Settings, tap Home screen mode, and then tap the desired setting
- Tap Finish.
- If prompted, tap Yes to update your Samsung account or No to not update your Samsung account.
- Read the ‘System Manager Application’ information. If desired, tap More info. Tap Close when finished.
- Read the tip and tap OK. You will be navigated to the main Home screen (Home screen 3).