Learn how to PUK unlock the ZTE ZMAX. If you enter a PIN code incorrectly several times in a row, the device blocks you from attempting again and may also permanently damage your SIM card.
Identifying PUK code error messages
Confirm customers are receiving one of the following or similar error messages on their devices.
- "PIN code blocked. Enter PUK code."
- "Enter PUK code"
- "SIM card locked. Emergency calls only. Please contact Customer Care."
Entering PUK codes
If you enter a PIN code incorrectly several times in a row, the device blocks you from attempting again. To enter a PUK code and unblock the PIN, follow these steps:
Important: You must call Customer Care for the PUK code. Entering the wrong code can permanently damage your SIM card.
- Contact Customer Care to request your PUK code.
- If the device asks to enter a PUK code, enter the code, tap OK, then enter the new PIN if prompted.
- Otherwise, tap the Phone icon to open the dialer.
Note: You may need to tap Emergency Call on the screen.
- Enter **05*[PUK]*[New PIN]*[New PIN]#
- When the phone displays 'Unblocking PIN: Registration was successful' tap OK.