Learn how to use the task manager, view free space, and free up memory and storage on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 and SD card.
See SD card & device file transfer to transfer files between a device, SD card or computer.
Format SD card
Formatting the SD card deletes all data on it. You may wish to format the SD card if you want to delete the files, if files or apps on the SD card are not working, or if the SD card is not working.
To format the SD card while inserted in the device, follow these steps:
- From any Home screen, tap the Apps icon.
- Tap Settings .
- Tap Storage .
- Under 'SD card,' tap Format SD card .
- Tap Format SD card again to confirm. Follow any additional prompts.
Insert / remove SD card
To insert or remove the SD card, follow these steps:
To insert the memory card, follow these steps:
- Remove the slot cover and slide the memory card into the microSD card slot until it is secured into place
- Replace the slot cover once the card is securely inserted.
- Remove the cover from the microSD card slot on the side of the device.
- Firmly press the card into the slot and release it. The card should pop partially out.