Learn how to use the task manager and free up memory on the LG Stylo 2 PLUS.
To manage the internal memory, follow these steps:
Restart device regularly
Note: You should restart your phone at least once per day.
- Press and hold the Power key.
- Tap Restart.
Reduce memory use
Note: If your phone is running slow, then you can reduce the amount of memory it is using.
- Remove widgets (Animated widgets and widgets that update information use the most memory)
- From the desired Home screen, touch and hold on the widget.
- Drag the widget over the Trash can icon and release your finger.
- Replace a Live wallpaper
- From any Home screen, long-tap the home screen, then tap Wallpapers.
- Tap either Gallery or Multi-photos.
- Follow the prompts to set a new wallpaper that replaces the current Live wallpaper.
- Remove unused Home screens
- From any Home screen, long-tap the home screen.
- Touch and hold the desired home screen.
- Drag the home screen over Remove to delete.
Note: Manage your applications to keep your device running smoothly.
- Research and monitor new applications that you install
- Read Play Store application reviews before installing. Not all applications run smoothly on phones. Read customer reviews before downloading an application to see if it has a history of not working properly.
- If your device starts having problems after installing an application, consider uninstalling the application (See below: 'Uninstall third-party applications.'
- Keep applications updated
- Tap Play Store.
- Tap the Menu key and then tap My Apps.
- To keep your apps automatically updated:
- Tap Menu > Settings.
- Select the Auto-update apps to check box.
- Choose one of the following options:
- Tap Update to update all applications with updates available.
- Tap an individual application and then tap Update to update a single application.
- Uninstall third-party applications
- Clear application cache and data
- Clear recent applications
- From any screen, press the Recent apps key.
- To close an individual recent application, touch an application from the list and drag it to the right.
- To close all recent applications, tap Clear all.
- Never install a third-party Task Manager or Battery Manager. These applications interfere with how Android works
A task manager can view running apps and close them. To use the task manager, follow these steps:
- Press the Recent apps (Square) button.
- Scroll through the list of running apps.
- To close an app, tap the X in the upper-right corner of its thumbnail. Or tap Clear all to close all running apps
View free memory
To view the amount of free internal memory, follow these steps: