Learn how to set alerts, ringtones, and notifications on the Samsung Galaxy Note7.
- From any Home screen, tap Messages.
- Tap the Menu (3 dots) icon in the top right.
- Tap Settings > Emergency alert settings.
- Tap Emergency alerts to set which alert types to receive.
- Select or clear the check boxes for:
- Imminent extreme alert
- Imminent severe alert
- AMBER alerts
- From any Home screen, tap Apps.
- Tap Email.
- Tap the Menu (3 dots) icon in the top right of the screen.
- Tap Settings. > Manage accounts.
- Tap your email address until it advances to the next screen,
- Scroll to NOTIFICATION SETTINGS.
- Tap Email notifications to select or clear the check box and turn on/off email notifications.
- Tap Notification sound to select or change the notification sound.
- Tap Vibrate to select or clear the check box and turn on or turn off vibrate notification.
Ringtone for all calls
- From any Home screen, tap the Apps icon.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Sounds.
- Tap Notification sounds.
- Tap Ringtone and select the desired ringtone.
- Tap the back arrow in the upper left corner, the selection is automatically saved
Ringtone for calls from one contact
Note: You cannot assign a ringtone to contacts stored on the SIM card or Phone (device memory).
- From any Home screen, tap Contacts.
- Tap the desired contact > Details.
- Tap EDIT.
- Tap More.
- Tap Ringtone.
- Tap Allow Storage permission > ALLOW.
- Tap the desired ringtone to assign it to the contact and then tap OK.
- Tap the back arrow in the upper left corner, the selection is automatically saved.