Learn how to use the task manager and free up memory on the Samsung Galaxy Note7.
Restart device regularly
You should restart your phone at least once per day.
- Press and hold the Power key.
- Tap Restart.
Reduce memory use
Animated widgets and widgets that update information use the most memory. If your phone is running slow, you can reduce the amount of memory it is using:
- Replace a live wallpaper
- From any Home screen, touch and hold an empty spot.
- Tap Wallpapers and themes.
- Tap the Wallpapers tab.
- Tap the desired image and tap Home screen.
- Follow the prompts to set a new wallpaper that replaces the current Live wallpaper.
- Remove widgets
- From the desired Home screen, touch and hold on the widget.
- Drag the widget over the Trash can icon and release your finger.
Manage apps to keep your device running smoothly
- Use Manage apps to update apps, clear app cache and data, recent apps, and uninstall an app.
- Never install a third-party Task Manager or Battery Manager. These apps interfere with how device software works.
- Research and monitor new apps that you install.
- Read app reviews before installing. Not all apps run smoothly on phones. Read customer reviews before downloading an app to see if it has a history of not working properly.
- If your device starts having problems after installing an app, consider uninstalling the app.
A task manager can view running apps and close them.
- From any home screen tap the recent application icon (bottom left corner).
- Scroll and select application you want to close.
- Swipe left or right to close selected application.
View free memory
- From any Home screen, tap the Apps icon.
- Tap Settings > Device maintenance.
- Tap Storage.
- View the Available space value.