When you are having software problems, the root cause is usually related to a specific application, user perception of functionality, or a problem with the device’s software.
If the touch screen of the device stops working or responding to taps, follow these steps:
- Press the Navigation key or the soft keys, to verify that the device works other than the touch screen.
- Note: If the Navigation key or the soft keys do NOT respond to presses, then the device is frozen, not just the screen.
- Remove any screen protector from the device.
- Turn off the device. If this doesn't work, remove the battery and re-insert it.
- Turn on the device.
- Align the Touch Screen. See: Calibrate the touch screen and accelerometer: HTC Touch Pro2™.
- If the issue persists, the customer must perform a master reset. See: Master reset using hardware keys - HTC Touch Pro 2.
- If the issue returns, repeat the steps above.