Check out the option to return your device to a T-Mobile store instead of mailing it in.
Learn why you'd want to use an in-store exchange to replace a device under warranty.
Convenience of in-store pick up
- We understand you're busy. With our in-store exchange program, you select a store that's convenient for you near where you live or work.
- You simply turn in the device, pick up your replacement device when convenient for you, and T-Mobile ensures device gets returned.
- When you pick up your device in the store, it can save you time getting your new device set up right the first time.
In-store condition check
- A retail rep does a full review of the device prior to performing the exchange, to verify that the device meets the manufacture warranty.
- With T-Mobile's in-store condition check, there are no surprise fees. Once the device is turned into the retail rep you won't receive any Non-Return fee or Out-of-Warranty fees.
- If the device fails the in-store condition check or they find damage on the phone, the exchange will be cancelled, and the retail rep can discuss other options such as using insurance.
We want you to feel prepared when you come to a T-Mobile store to complete your warranty exchange.
- You will receive a text message and/or email once your device is checked into the retail location.
- Once you receive the text message and or email, please go to the store within 14 days.
- If you don't, the exchange will be cancelled after the 14th day.
- Plan to be at the store for around 45 minutes while the retail rep reviews your current device and helps you set up your new device.
- It's possible the exchange may not be needed to resolve the issue, and we get you're phone working.
What to prepare
- Bring a photo ID with you.
- You must bring the device under warranty back to the store.
- Take time to back up your device prior to bringing it into the store. Once you turn in your device, they will not be able to recover it.
- To remove personal information from the phone before turning it in, perform a master reset. For help, see Devices, select you device, and find help on resets.
- When you pick up your device in store, you will need to pay for the service processing fee and/or shipping.
- Since the device is sent to the retail location, you pay when you pick up the device.
- If the exchange is cancelled, no payment for the processing fee or shipping will be taken.