If you get an error that attention is required when trying to synchronize your device with Microsoft ActiveSync, follow these steps:
- Select Attention Required.
You may receive an error indicating that you need a valid security certificate
Note: For security reasons, some Outlook E-mail accounts require a certificate. You need to get this from your IT administrator.
Once you receive the certificate from your IT Administrator plug the device into the computer via the USB cable and establish a connection.
- Once connected click Explore on Activesync.
- Copy and paste the certificate from your computer onto the device memory.
- From the device, select Start, More, File Explorer, Select the Certificate.
Note: Once the certificate is select they will get a message saying it was installed successfully.
- Disconnect the device from the USB, and then re-connect it.
- Try to synchronize again, and ActiveSync and no longer shows the error.