While we encourage you to use the T-Mobile Content Transfer app to transfer all your data from one phone to another, this document offers additional tips to help you get up and running on your new phone. Some steps may use a lot of data, so use Wi-Fi when available.
Apple iOS apps cannot transfer to Android, unfortunately. However, a developer may have made a version you can purchase/download for your new phone. Head over to the Play Store to search for a similar app.
On the old phone
Export the information from iCloud as a VCard: (Apple site)
- From a computer, go to www.icloud.com.
- Sign in to iCloud.
- Click the Contacts button.
- Select contacts from the list.
- Click the Settings gear icon.
- Click Export vCard.
On the new phone
Import the information into your Gmail account: (Google site)
- From a computer, go to www.gmail.com.
- Sign in to Gmail.
- Beside Gmail, click the down arrow, then click Contacts.
- Click the More button at the top.
- Click Import.
- Click Choose File.
- Select the .vcf file that you saved from iCloud.
- Click Import.
You can use Google Photos to backup photos on your old phone and restore them to your new phone.
- T-Mobile Store: Some retail stores can transfer contacts, calendar, pictures, and videos for you.
- SD card: If both the old phone and the new Android phone have an SD card, you can move the SD card to the new phone. See your phone's common procedure page for SD Card for steps to save to the SD Card.
- Computer: If you have a computer available, you can copy pictures and videos to the computer, and then to the new device. See your phone's common procedure page for steps to backup & restore using a computer.