Learn how to check the software version and see official versions for the HTC HD7. Find out more on this page:
Beginning March 19, 2012, the HD7 received a software update to 7.10.8107.79. This update provides features and improvements:
Check the software version
To check the current software version, follow these steps:
- From the home screen, swipe left to Applications.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap About.
- Tap More Info.
- Read the version on the phone, and check it below:
Your software is up to date. There are no updates available.
This document will be updated if and when new software is available.
Your phone can update to software version 7.10.8107.79:
If the update fails, contact customer care.
Your phone has non-T-Mobile software, and it is unsupported. The manufacturer and T-Mobile cannot update your software.
Requirements to update
To be able to update to the current software version, the below requirements must be met:
- 50% or higher battery life
- Connection to PC running Zune software
Software update: Automatic (OTA)
Update automatically Over-The-Air (OTA)
This software update will be pushed to your phone between [date] and [date]. Your phone will notify you when it is ready to update. If your phone has not received an OTA message, see Software update: Download below.
After receiving the OTA notification, you will need to connect your device to a computer with Zune software installed to complete the update.
Software update: Download
Download and install software update
You can download and install the software update:
Update software from a computer
To download updates for your phone and install them using a computer, follow these steps:
- When your device is ready to receive the update, you will receive 'An update is available' pop-up notification on your device.
- Connect the HD7 to a computer using the USB cable included in the box.
- Zune should automatically open once the device is connected. If the you do not have Zune installed on the computer, a pop-up should prompt the you to download install it. See: Download and install Zune.
- Wait for Zune to finish checking for updates.
- Click the Update button to proceed.
- Review the Update Your Phone page for:
- An overview of what the update includes
- The estimated time to complete the update
- Additional disclaimer information
- Click the Update Now button to begin the update process.
- When the Update In Progress screen appears on the computer, the device also displays a connection image.
- Next, Zune completes the following tasks:
- Download updates
- Preparing to install
- Rebooting your phone
- Creating a backup
- Installing updates
- Rebooting your phone
- Completing updates
- On the Successful Update screen, click the Finish button.