Use these steps to use text to speech to have messages read out loud on the HTC 10.
- From any Home screen, tap Messages.
- Tap the Compose icon.
- Choose one of the following options for entering the message recipient:
- Tap the Contacts icon to select one of your contacts.
- Tap Done.
- Tap the 'Enter recipient' field and enter the recipient's phone number.
- Tap the 'Enter message' field.
- Press the 'Microphone' key.
- Speak the desired text. You will be automatically directed back to the keyboard when you stop speaking.
- Tap the Send icon.
Text to speech settings
- From any Home screen, tap the Apps icon.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Language & Keyboard.
- Adjust the speech rate:
- Tap Text-to-speech output.
- Tap Speech rate.
- Select the desired option.
- Change system language:
- Tap Language.
- Select the desired language.