Learn the general steps for moving all your current contacts and pictures to your new replacement device.
Keep in mind, specific steps can vary for each device. To view your device's user guide or steps for moving contacts, photos, and media between devices, go to Devices and then select your specific device.
- Before you switch devices, confirm you have a backup of your contacts from your old device.
- You can now move your contacts to the new device:
- If using your old device's SIM card in the new device, your contacts will transfer over with the SIM.
- If using a new SIM, refer to Devices for device-specific steps.
Most devices are set up to store your pictures and other media on the SD card. This can sometimes be called a memory card or media card.
- Before you switch devices, confirm you have a backup of all photos and media from the old device.
- Before giving (or shipping) us the old device, remove and keep the SD card.
- You can now move photos and other media to the new device:
- If the old device's SD card fits in the new device, you're all set.
- If not, you need to use the backup version to move your photos and media to the new device. To learn how to safely remove and insert the card or to get photos and media from the backup version, refer to Devices and then select your specific device to view its user guide or steps.