Troubleshoot issues with your memory (SD) card.
Memory card is not detected or you can't access/store files
If your device doesn't show a memory card is inserted or you can't access and save your files, follow these steps:
- Make sure your device supports the type of memory card you're using. You can find this information in the user manual.
- Turn off the phone and remove the memory card. For steps, click Devices and choose your device.
- Make sure you don't see any damage on the memory card, like missing gold contacts.
- Put the memory card back in, turn on the phone, and see if it's working.
- If available, test the card in another device such as another mobile phone or digital camera:
- If another device can use the memory card, contact us for additional support.
- If the memory card doesn't work with another device, there's a problem with the memory card. Try reformatting the memory card. If you still can't access files on the memory card after reformatting it, it likely needs to be replaced.