Troubleshoot problems with the device turning on or charging.
If you need help with doing any step, visit the Devices page, select your device, and find the steps.
To fix this issue:
- Check the following:
- The charging indicator shows the device is charging. Keep in mind, if your battery was completely drained, it may take up to 30 minutes for the charging indicator to show the battery is charging.
- Your power charger was provided by the manufacturer or is certified compatible with your device.
- If your battery is removable:
- Verify it was provided by the manufacturer or is certified compatible with your device.
- Make sure there is no corrosion on the battery and device contacts.
- Make sure it is inserted correctly and there is no debris between the battery and device contacts.
- There is no lint or other debris clogging the charger port.
- A case or accessory is not preventing the charger cable from connecting to the device.
- Try a different outlet, charger, or battery.
- Make sure the wall outlet works by plugging in another device. If not, try a different outlet.
- Use a different charger cable or power adapter. If a different charger or battery works, replace your battery or charger. See our store locator to find a local T-Mobile store that can replace the defective part, but call ahead to make sure the store has replacement parts in stock.
- Plug in to another power source (e.g., car charger, computer USB port, or other compatible USB-powered device).
- If you're using a wireless charger:
- Make sure it's compatible with your device.
- If it is, make sure you place your device in the center of the charging pad.
- Check for damage.
- Physical damage: Look for broken battery pins or corrosive material on the battery or device.
- Liquid damage: Check the liquid damage indicator (LDI). If your device has liquid damage, contact us.
- Uninstall any third-party apps that measure or display battery life, or any apps that were installed around the time the issue began.
- Verify you’re using the latest software version for your device. If not, go to Software Updates, select your device, and follow the instructions provided in Software version & updates.
- If these steps have not fixed the problem, contact us.