Managing your memory can help avoid issues with your device.
If you need help performing any step, check the how-to guides for your device on the Phones page.
Tips to manage your memory:
- Keep your device software fresh by using the latest software version.
- Restart your device daily.
- Uninstall downloaded apps or close apps you're no longer using.
- Delete unnecessary text messages (SMS), along with picture and video messages (MMS). You can even set the text message limit to delete messages automatically.
- Change the setting for email synchronization to download only for the past three days.
- Clear the browser cache, cookies, or history.
- Transfer pictures/media to a computer, and remove them from the phone.
- Delete call logs.