Learn how to transfer account or line ownership.
With an ownership transfer, another person (or business) becomes responsible for the T-Mobile line or account. Only the current owner of an individual account or an authorized user from a business/government account can authorize an ownership transfer.
Keep in mind, you'll never be charged an early termination fee (ETF) when completing an ownership change from yourself to another person or business.
The account owner and the person taking over responsibility will need to contact our activations team at T-Mobile Customer Service within 30 days of the account owner agreeing to the transfer of ownership. Both parties should review the T-Mobile Terms & Conditions prior to the changing of responsibility. To start this process, contact us now.
We've made it easy to do your part. Use the info below to know what you'll need to do:
The account owner needs to understand ..
Understand the following account and bill impacts:
- My T-Mobile and My Account usage records will no longer be accessible once the ownership transfer is complete.
- Your account will need to be current in order to transfer account ownership—this includes all past due charges, current charges, and EIP balances. You may be eligible to transfer your EIP balance to another account. Contact T-Mobile Customer Service for more details. If you have a JUMP! lease and your account is cancelled, the remaining lease balance, purchase option price, and taxes will be charged to your final bill. You will remain responsible for all charges associated with the lease per the terms and conditions of your lease agreement.
- If the person taking over the account does not agree to accept the transfer of ownership, you'll remain responsible for the account and all charges.
The person taking over the account will need to ...
- Undergo a credit check and a deposit may be required.
- Agree to a service agreement.
- Choose a plan.
- Bring a device or buy a new mobile device. You may qualify for an Equipment Installment Plan.
- Understand the following bill impacts:
- Contact T-Mobile Customer Service and speak to our activations team within 30 days after the ownership transfer to complete the Change of Responsibility. If the request is not completed within 30 days, the original owner will need to file another request.