Your Windows Phone or Windows Mobile device is like a trusty friend. Following these few quick steps will get your device back in action as quickly as possible.
- Set up the Microsoft account on the new device.
- Choose to sync Contacts and Calendar.
You can use One Drive to backup photos on your old phone and restore them to your new phone.
- T-Mobile Store: Some retail stores can transfer contacts, calendar, pictures, and videos for you.
- SD card: If both the old phone and the new phone have an SD card, you can move the SD card to the new phone. See your phone's common procedure page for SD Card for steps to save to the SD Card.
- Computer: If you have a computer available, you can copy pictures and videos to the computer, and then to the new device. See your phone's common procedure page for steps to backup & restore using a computer.
- Install One Drive on your new phone. One drive should already be installed on your Windows Phone.
- On the old phone, open One Drive and sign in using your outlook username and password.
- Tap the Upload icon. Open the folders one by one and choose what to transfer to your new phone.
- Tap Upload.
- On the new phone, open One Drive and sign in using your outlook username and password.
- Tap the content you want on your new phone.
- Tap Download.