Learn how to check the software version and update the HTC Sensation 4G. Find out more on this page.
Understanding the Update
Beginning May 16, an optional update will be available for the Sensation 4G to update to the latest operating system, Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich). You can choose to download the update to Android 4.0.3 by following the software update steps.
Note: After completing the update:
- HTC Sensation 4G will be required to add Wi-Fi mobile Hotspot feature in order to use the service after completing this update. You can add the feature online at my.t-mobile.com or by calling customer care.
- The new software version does not fully support Bluetooth voice dialing. See: Bluetooth voice dialing not working.
Current Software Version
|Beginning May 16, follow the steps below to Download update from HTC.|
T-Mobile and HTC will not send you a software update.
Devices with non-T-mobile software versions are out of warranty and do not receive updates.
|3.32.531.4 710RD||This software version is current. Your device software is up to date.|
- Android version 4.0.3 / Software number 3.32.531.4 710RD - Current versionVersion New Features Improvements Prerequisites
- Android 4.0.3 / Software number 3.32.531.4 710RD
- Approved 5/16/2012
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Sense 3.6
- System bar enhancements to easily view recent apps.
- Re-sizeable widgets
- Lock screen actions including pull down notifications and adjust volume while device is locked.
- Data usage controls.
- Face Unlock
- Home screen folders
- Improved battery life
- Note: HTC Sensation 4G will be required to add Wi-Fi Mobile Hotspot feature in order to use the service after completing this update.
- Improved text input and spell checking
- Improved menu structure
- 500 MB memory available on SD card
- Manual update
- Device is running Android version 2.3.3 / Software number 1.50.531.1, 1.29.531.2, or 1.45.531.1
- Device software is not rooted
- More than 50% battery life
- Data or Wi-Fi connection
- Android version 2.3.4 / Software number 1.50.531.1
- Android version 2.3.4 / Software number 1.45.531.1
- Android version 2.3.3 / Software number 1.29.531.2
Check software version
To check the current software version, follow these steps:
- From any Home screen, tap the Menu
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll to and tap About phone.
- Tap Software information.
- View Software number.
Download update from HTC
You can check for updates and request to download the update from the HTC servers. To check for updates and download, follow these steps:
- Connect to Wi-Fi for fastest download.
Note: This is a large update and can take over 20 minutes if downloading over the GSM network. Connect to Wi-Fi before updating for best results.
- From the Home screen, press the Menu key.
- Touch Settings.
- Touch About phone.
- Touch HTC software updates.
- Touch Check.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
- Wait as your phone restarts and updates.