Learn about new features in the Android Oreo operating system.
This document shows you all the cool new features of Oreo! We don't know specific dates when the updates will be sent to your device, but if you're looking for steps to update your device, head on over to our Software updates page and click your device.
- Faster speeds
- Smart Text selection
- Autofill logins
- New emoji!
That's just the beginning! Take a look at the table below for a more detailed breakdown of the Android's sweet new software. Be aware that software from HTC, Samsung, and other manufacturers can change this information.
- With notification dots, you’ll see notifications as a badge on app icons, so you can quickly see what needs your attention. Dismiss or open directly from the app itself.
- Notification categories fine tunes your control over which notifications appear from each of your apps. You can manage this inside of app notification settings.
- Notification snoozing allows you to dismiss a notification for 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, or 2 hours (default is 1 hour). When the time is up, the notification will reappear in your notification shade.
Do two things at once. The video you’re playing or chatting on will remain in the bottom right of your screen while you text, search, or play a game. Chrome, Google Duo, Google Play Movies, and YouTube (with a YouTube Red subscription) are supported.
Tap to let Google fill it in for you. Autofill brings the awesome Chrome feature to the Android platform, making it easy for you to fill in your username and passwords, addresses, and more.
- Accessibility volume - control the volume for Accessibility features (e.g., TalkBack) independently of Ring, Media, and Alarms
- Accessibility button - quickly launch accessibility services which are context dependent (e.g., Select to Speak)
- 69 new emoji
- Unified visual style and brand new settings