Related error: Battery life is poor
There are basic things you can do to make your battery last longer. The device also comes with features, which help you to get the most out of a battery charge. To improve battery life, follow these steps:
- Turn off the following features when not in use:
- Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Note: Add the Power Control widget to the Home screen to easily control these functions. To add it, touch and hold an empty space on the Home screen, touch Widget, and touch Power Control.
- Modify synchronization settings to sync less data and retrieve e-mails less frequently. See: Edit data synchronization - T-Mobile myTouch 4G.
- Turn off Background data synchronization, see Data synchronization - T-Mobile myTouch 4G.
- Uninstall non-T-Mobile applications, see: Delete or uninstall application - T-Mobile myTouch 4G.
- Perform a soft reset on a regular basis, see: Soft reset - T-Mobile myTouch 4G.
Power saver feature
The Power Saver mode turns off features that drain the batter when the charge gets low. To optimize Power Saver, follow these steps:
- From the Home screen, press the Menu key.
- Touch Settings.
- Touch Power saver.
- Verify the Enable power saver check box is selected. If not, touch it to select.
- Touch Turn on power saver at.
- Touch one of the options:
- 10% battery power
- 15% battery power (default)
- 20% battery power
- 25% battery power
- 30% battery power
- Under Power saver settings, select all the check boxes.
- Touch Screen brightness settings, and drag the slider to the left to make the screen dimmer in Power Saver mode.
- Touch Screen timeout settings, and select from:
- 15 seconds
- 30 seconds (default)
- 1 minute
- 2 minutes
- 10 minutes
- Never turn off
- Press the Home key.