The T-Mobile myTouch 4G may display the 'Generic Network Failure' message when sending picture messages. This error message can display because of one of the following reasons: outdated software, TelKila APN or when using an incorrect picture message setting.
To fix this issue:
- Make sure your device is on current software version.
- Make sure the Access Point Name (APN) is set correctly. You must complete these steps and remove the TelKila APN. If you perform a master reset, the TelKila APN will return and you must delete it again.
- Check the following:
- Access the web successfully.
- Check that the contact you are sending to, does not have a dash or period in the number.
- The subject line of the message has text in it.
- The phone has more than 25 MB of available free memory.
- Change the picture resolution to a lower setting.
- From the Home screen, touch the All programs button.
- Touch Messaging.
- Press the Menu key.
- Touch Settings.
- Under the MMS Settings category, touch Maximum message size.
- Touch an option that is lower than your current setting: 100K, 200K, or 300K.
- Retest the picture message. If the picture message is still not working, contact us.