Nothing's worse than traveling to another country only to find your phone doesn't work there. Our international roaming checklist makes sure you have everything you need when traveling abroad.
For more information about available roaming services, see International roaming services.
We want you to be able to step off the plane and use your phone without costly roaming fees. Here's how to check whether your phone is ready and if there'll be any additional costs:
- Tell us which country you’ll be visiting by entering it in the look-up tool and clicking CHECK RATES & COVERAGE. You can review the rates and coverage map for that country. If you'll be traveling by sea, click Going on a cruise? Check out your rates on cruises and ferries below the country search tool.
- When you're done reviewing the coverage and rates, scroll down to See if your device works in that country. Enter your device in the field and click SEARCH.
Don't forget to pack your power cord/charger and invest in a travel adapter and electrical converter. Most countries outside the U.S. and Canada have different types of outlet plug designs.
If you're on our Simple Choice Plan or T-Mobile ONE, you get unlimited data and texting in more than 140 countries at no extra charge. To check which plan you're on, log in to My T-Mobile. If you need to, learn how to Change your plan.
Your voicemail password
To access your voicemail, you'll need your voicemail password (the one you selected during voicemail setup). If you've forgotten your password, you can reset it by contacting T-Mobile Customer Service.
- To check your voicemail while traveling abroad:
- When prompted, enter your 10-digit mobile number.
- Interrupt the voicemail greeting by pressing * (the star key).
- When prompted, enter your voicemail password.
- Follow the menu prompts to check your voicemail messages.
Note: Applicable landline long-distance fees may apply which are the responsibility of the account owner.
Our Customer Service number
To contact T-Mobile Customer Service from outside the U.S.:
- From your mobile device, dial the plus sign + followed by 1-505-998-3793. T-Mobile won't charge you for this call.
- From a landline (long-distance fees may apply), dial the International Direct Dialing (IDD) prefix for the country you're in, followed by 1-505-998-3793.